TikTok is the most popular social media app right now, and it has a lot to offer content producers and advertisers who want to expand their fan bases. The Live function is one of these features because it enables you to interact with your audience in real time and present a side of yourself that they have never seen before.
Now that we know how to get to the Live feature, we can examine it in greater detail and learn the best practises for using it.
Tips and tricks for going live on TikTok, whether or not you have 1,000 followers
For what purpose would you broadcast live on TikTok?
There are several advantages to going live on TikTok:
Answering questions and interacting with viewers in real time during a live stream is a great way to build trust and strengthen relationships with your audience.
Gain exposure by using TikTok’s discovery tools, such as the app’s Weekly Rankings, which ranks live hosts by engagement and promotes them within the app. Having more people learn about you can speed up your development.
If you’re over 18, your TikTok viewers can send you virtual offerings during a live stream that you can then exchange for cash. You can either keep it or give it to a good cause.
Does one need a certain number of TikTok “likes” before going live?
It takes at least a thousand followers to unlock the Live function in the TikTok app. You can use workarounds, such as upgrading to a Business account, to access certain features of TikTok. However, the requirement for a certain number of followers to use the Live feature is applicable to both Creator and Business accounts.
Tips for streaming on TikTok
TikTok’s process of going public is simple:
- First, add a new item by clicking the “+” at the bottom of your For You page:
- Second, choose the “live” button from the “Camera,” “Story,” and “Template” submenus.
- Third, hit the “GO LIVE” button when you’re ready to broadcast live.
- Fourth, when you’re finished broadcasting, close the window by clicking the “X” in the top left corner.
Live video features such as filters, effects, a camera flip option, and comment filtering are all at your disposal during your broadcast. Make your live videos more interesting to watch by using TikTok filters.
Additional conditions for public release on TikTok
You need a minimum of 1000 followers and satisfy two other criteria to use the live features of the app.
To activate your account, you must be 16 years or older.
Gifts from the live audience require you to be 18 or older. Presents are monetary benefits that exist only in cyberspace and can be cashed in at a later date.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Going Live on TikTok
TikTok Live’s cool feature is that it lets you go live with another user or join a live of other content creators.
Taking part in a live broadcast on the video sharing platform TikTok: a guide
It’s easy to jump into the live stream of a fellow creator or a friend:
- First, head to your For You page and hit the “live” button there.
- The second step is to look through the available lives and pick the one you want to participate in.
- Then, to add more people to the livestream, click the “multi-guest” button at the very end.
What to know before streaming on TikTok
Follow these guidelines to get the most out of your live stream when the time comes to go live:
To seize the moment, you must
You should schedule your live broadcast for a time when the vast majority of your target audience can participate in the conversation.
The best times to upload to TikTok, according to Influencer Marketing Hub, are:
- Mondays at 06:00, 10:00, and 20:00 EST
- Every other Tuesday at 2 AM, 4 AM, and 9 AM EST
- Three times on Wednesdays at 7 a.m., 8 a.m., and 11 p.m. EST
- Each Thursday at 9 AM, 12 AM, and 7 PM EST
- Repeated broadcasts at 5:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM EST on Fridays
- Three shows per week on Saturdays at 11 a.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m. EST
- Weekend hours (EST): Sunday 7:00 AM, 8:00 AM, and 4:00 PM
- These times are only a suggestion; you should really be looking at your own analytics for the best results. To view them, navigate to Creator Tools > Analytics > Followers > Follower Activity.
Maintain brevity and succinctness
TikTok Live sessions are most successful when they last for about 30 minutes. You can get your points across, interact with your viewers, field their questions, and wrap up your livestream before they lose interest.
Get ready for it
The beauty of a live stream is that it is unplanned and casual, but you should still have a strategy in place. Keeping an audience’s attention is no easy feat when presenting in front of a live audience, but you can increase your chances of success by practising in advance.
Reduce any distracting sounds or motion that may be in the background
When streaming, you want to be heard by your viewers. Therefore, you should seek out a location with little to no ambient noise in which to conduct your live stream.
On top of that, stationary streaming is superior to mobile streaming in most cases. It prevents viewers from getting dizzy and makes it simpler for them to focus on what you’re saying if you’re standing still and in the centre of the screen.
Take part in a conversation with your target demographic.
Make an effort to engage your audience during your live broadcast. Welcome any newcomers, express gratitude for their contributions, and field any questions that may arise in the discussion thread.